sigh.....contentment.....

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Informative twaddle......

So....I notice that this blog has been busy....well sort of.....well not much at all....BUT....
a lot of that lack of activity has been lack of me....it's one of those things that you think, in fact you KNOW you really should get down to it....but something else always comes along. I thank Elisabeth and Daphne for contributing.....keep it coming ladies!!

I have had two concert weekends in a period of a little over two weeks. These are not just playing a concert....they involve rehearsals as well. The rehearsals are each 2 1/2 hours with a 15 minute break and there is usually one in the afternoon and then another in the evening after an hour's supper break....starting at 4 and ending around 10. The concerts usually start at 8 and end around 10'ish....about 2 hours.
The first concert (the first of the season) involved 3 rehearsals and two concerts. The second weekend, 6 rehearsals and 2 concerts.... one in Kamloops on Saturday night and one in Salmon Arm this last Sunday afternoon. The September concert required less rehearsal as it was a pops concert and the orchestral music for that, as a rule, is somewhat less demanding. The second concert however, was the Brahm's Violin Concerto (with Andrew Wan, new co-concertmaster of the Montreal Symphony - 26 years old and amazing!!) and finished with Beethoven's 7th Symphony. Lots of work for all members of the orchestra in that program...thus the increase in rehearsals. They were both successful concerts and now we have the music to work on before the next concert weekend in November.

I tell you all this because, although I love playing and the challenge it presents to me my musical self and I, they are exhausting weekends.....and as I get older (even if I get lighter) it takes me a few days to gather my resources to tackle the everyday life in my world as I know it. This is compounded by the fact that I suffer from fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis and sleep little.
So there's my excuse for not posting.....I'm such a whiner aren't I???? I don't really think I am, but sometimes things just need to be said to lay a foundation to go on with.....you think???
Now I know that everyone that reads this, for the most part, knows all this about me....but...if by any chance we do expand our authorship of this blog and they read the archives....it will inform....

The other aspect of this is that I seem to be in a state of constant "catch up". I have a small notebook that I list things that I have to do....and I'm constantly adding to it and going over it and thinking......"Ah!! I haven't done that yet!!" I will forget things if I don't write them down.....and it's not names or things that I forget....it's things that I HAVE to do.....letters that must be written, emails that have to be sent, wash that has to be done (although I have laundry basket that reminds me of that!!) appointments that have to be kept and made.....ARRRGGH!!!!
......and then I lie in bed at night and go over it all in my head.....no wonder I don't sleep.

Anyways, that's enough blithering for now.....I have often thought of blog topics and now I have an index card in my purse that I will write them down in when I think of them.....and hopefully I'll be able to keep things moving around here !!!

We're off to Victoria on Thanksgiving weekend for me to attend a tea for my cousin's 80th birthday and for DH to pay a trip to the museum ....I think.....and also we will be staying with T&D and having a wee visit with them. We're then going to take a day to roam up island and sightsee and take the ferry across from Duke Point to Tsawwassen on Tuesday to avoid the holiday weekend rush.....after which we will rush home to dash into the polling station to make our X just before the door slams shut .

Take care ladies..
Slainte!!

No comments: