sigh.....contentment.....

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Playoff Hockey.....Phffft!!

I really have to laugh at myself.

As I get older I get less tolerant of my favourite hockey team when they screw up. When they win, I'm the happiest person around, but when they lose....look out baby!! I cannot take the stress of playoff hockey.....just as when the Canadians were playing during the Olympics. I spent all the games downstairs with the occasional look at the game online.

 My stomach gets in knots and I swear and rant... and when they lose (which I'm sure they will at some point) I just mope around. It's totally ridiculous, but it's always been that way and as I get older it gets worse....it's a friggin' roller coaster ride....and I was never a fan of roller coasters.

So...I have decided that when the Canucks enter the playoffs, I will retreat to my workshop at the beginning of each game and not emerge until the game is over.

Hopefully....the playoffs will allow me to get some work done.....DH can make the dinners and I'll eat at the table wearing my IPOD!!!

Slainte!!

Go Canucks!!

1 comment:

Daphne said...

Maybe I'll join you! I can't believe that they lost the last two games to the Oilers! I mean, come on! What's with that?