sigh.....contentment.....

Monday, July 28, 2008

How Hard Can it Be?

Okay, I'm almost 60, 259 days to go and I intend to totally revamp my life before then. How hard can it be? I've bought almost every self-help book available and am avidly reading them all. The trouble is, the more determined I get to revamp, the more obstacles seem to be thrown in my path. Why revamp, you ask. Well, I've finished with the first two-thirds of my life, the single phase, the motherhood phase and now it just seems that my life needs a big readjustment as I start the third phase. I don't know what to call it, any ideas? Maybe it's the 'free to be creative' phase, or the 'finally picking a plum' phase, or...?

Okay, now, I have a history of starting books and not finishing them. I am going to commit to posting to this blog every time I finish a book and give a brief report on the book. That may keep me on track. Currently the book I am working on is called "Do It!: Let's get off our buts". I'm in the middle of it and it's giving me exercises to do which are hard but I will overcome!

I am working on a celebration plan for my birthday and have lots of ideas. Some of my friends have had surprise birthday parties and one had a full blown Ball. Whatever I do, I think I'd like to plan it myself. I'll keep you posted.

Hats off to Coramie for reading "Opening Skinner's Box". You will definitely stay young if you exercise your brain like that!

I look forward to reading more blogs at this place. Hopefully more will join.

2 comments:

Coramie said...

I like the "finally picking a plum" phase.....So many things are out of our reach when we are in the other two phases....now is the time to reach a tad higher or climb a ladder and pick that plum!! Excellent first post!!

Daphne said...

Thank you. I've been sick for a few days, but finally got back to looking at this.