sigh.....contentment.....

Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Power Of Positive Thinking!

Here's to positive thinking! I went to one of my favourite stores the other day and applied for a job in the knitting department. I was phoned for an interview that would take place at 9:00 this morning. I went into the store with the idea that the job I wanted was mine. The boss looked over my resume and said he was impressed. As we talked, he said he was no longer impressed, he was wowed. I WOWED THE BOSS!!! He then asked me if I would consider a position in the office doing the books!!

Does everyone here know that little dance where the hands & arms look like they're stirring something in a huge vat, and the body is moving as if operating a hula hoop, in the opposite direction as the hands? Well that's the happy dance I've been doing all day!!!!

I hadn't been home for ten minutes, and was just e-mailing Coramie with the good news, when the phone rang. It was Coramie! We had a wonderfully long conversation on the phone and I must thank you again for making that call Coramie. It really made my day to hear from you!

So onward and upward as you always say. I have plans for a home-based business as well, but will keep that one close to my chest until I have worked out which direction I'm going to go with it. This of course will be secondary to my 'real' job in accounting. Then as an encore, I'd like to enter the Christmas Craft Fairs when the time comes, just because I enjoy craft fairs. I don't quite know what to do as my entry however....I knit, but so does everyone else at these fairs. I make soap & candles, but so does everyone else. Hmmmm....this will take some thought. Good thing it's only July! lol Time to start looking in crafting magazines me thinks. Ooooo, but before I go, if anybody here does cross stitch or petit point and is looking for a drop-dead-gorgeous Christmas project, check out Mar-Bek's Nativity firescreen here: http://www.serendipitydesigns.com/MarBek_Designs_for_Cross_Stitc/the_nativity.html
The pattern for this is coming out of my first paycheque!

1 comment:

Daphne said...

Wow, you're one busy lady. I love that nativity design, it's beautiful. I've not done cross-stitch much, but I love to knit. I hope your fair preparation goes well.