sigh.....contentment.....

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's the little things.......

So ...when I swim I tend to come up with ideas that I could discuss in this blog.....
However, somehow they don't always seem to retain in my brain. But.....this one related to the whole swimming thing so I kind of remembered what I wanted to say ....or ask.

As I've gotten older, I find myself getting stressed out about the smallest things. Case in point.... swimming in a crowded and busy pool. I used to ....and still do sometimes....swim around 9 am. However, that is the time that the aquafit starts....and the music...rock music....LOUD rock music. .....and 9:30 am is when the lessons start....the group lessons....with kids....some of which take place in one of the lap lanes. So I swam and swam and then wondered why I used to not really enjoy the thought of going for my swim.....and that was it!! Too friggin' busy and loud. So I go now either around 8:15 am and then finish just after the aquafit starts....or around 11:45 which is just before everything finishes for the morning and one can have a peaceful swim for 45-50 minutes. I also worry about whether the change rooms will be full ( I use the family individual rooms)...so whilst I'm swimming I'm thinking about how long to swim and whether many people will be getting out of the pool at the same time as me and using the change rooms.....how bizarre is that. I never used to be like that.....I'm turning into a frightened stressed out old lady!! The upside is though, that I am actually going by myself when DH is working which is a huge deal for me....doing anything on my own is a big improvement over two years ago or even last year. Sometimes I even make a detour going home to visit a store....depending on how my legs are feeling after the workout!!

Does anyone else ever stress out about the little stuff? DH gets so frustrated with me when I blow up over something that's really quite meaningless in the grand scheme of things. I think it's all about taking life as it comes and dealing with it.....I just have to keep reminding myself of that.....sigh.....another thing to remember to do :-()

Slainte!!!

1 comment:

Daphne said...

Yes, the little things do get to me, but more and more I find myself saying, "to heck with it" and doing what I want. I am directing my own "Pick the Plum" stage - well, for the most part anyway. One does make concessions.