sigh.....contentment.....

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Coping.....

Why is it, as one gets older, that good things and bad things all happen at the same time....
Case in point....
Our son is getting married in 2 weeks.....we have just had a wonderful weekend with family and friends......both very positive things....then....
My dear aunt was in hospital with heart problems which will be ongoing...... I talked on the phone with a friend in England this morning and her husband possibly has liver cancer....

How does one cope with this anomaly....how do you express joy,happiness and sorrow at the same time....

When my mother died, it was on my brother's 60th birthday.....he said it was bizarre, on the one hand people were saying happy birthday and then sympathizing with him for the loss of his parent.

Life has a way of coming at you from all sides, good, bad and indifferent....and it seems to be more prevalent as we get older. I can think back over the last couple of years and realize why we act as we do....it's a coping mechanism....we do what we have to do to deal with the multitude of feelings within us. For me....lately...prayer helps and I shall keep on that road I think in this latest onslaught..

Sigh....

Slainte!!

No comments: