sigh.....contentment.....

Monday, August 18, 2008

We're back!

The cruise was marvelous!!! I loved the whole trip and I wasn't queasy at all. Now I miss being rocked to sleep at night.

There were 4 other ladies at my dinner table, all about the same age, and on the last night we cut loose and really had fun at a sock hop that the ship sponsored. The music was from the 50s and 60s and these gals really got into it. My DH even danced a slow one with me.

I gained a few pounds on the food. My DH insisted I go up and down using the stairs and not the elevator, so I suppose my weight gain could have been worse. I did go into the hot tub and then a quick swim in the cold salt water pool, which was quite energizing. We hiked around the towns whenever we stopped somewhere and that helped a bit too.

We went out in a small boat with another couple, to an island where puffins nest. The ride was like being on a bucking bronco! The swells were quite big and the guide was in a hurry to get us out and back so he could pick up his next fare. But we did see the puffins and are they ever cute. It was worth it. We also saw whales quite close up, otters, dolphins, orcas, bears, a porcupine, spawning salmon and a dipper (a bird that walks under water). So, on the wildlife side of things, it was a very successful trip. I guess if I had had a list of things to do before I die, seeing a puffin in the wild would have been on it, so now I can cross it off my minds list - but what about the Atlantic puffin? Maybe next year.

No comments: