sigh.....contentment.....

Friday, June 25, 2010

Gardening

My arms ache! For two days now I have seriously worked in my garden and it needs a lot of help. Yesterday I worked in my favourite spot, the northwest corner. Here I have three raised beds of vegetables to keep up but the really great thing about this corner is that it is so private. Tall fences close in two sides and shrubbery and trees lay about the other two sides. There is a stone path into this area and a tap to use for watering the plants. From this spot, no one can really see me and I could sit here and read or paint or just listen to the birds all I like. Today I'm going to lay down some black cloth to keep the weeds down in-between the beds. As I age, it is getting harder and harder to do this kind so serious gardening but I don't want to give it up. Now I need to learn all the tricks I can to make gardening easier.

1 comment:

Coramie said...

That we do......anything to take the stress out of gardening and make it the relaxing hobby it's supposed to be. Why is it, I wonder, that we work ourselves to the point of exhaustion and pain to keep our gardens wonderful. I totally subscribe to the "baby steps" theory....now if I could only convince myself to believe in that concept!!