sigh.....contentment.....

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Some interesting reading......

I have recently read a book called Health at Every Size by Linda Bacon. There is a lot of science involved in it, but there is a message and an idea that I have taken away from it.

Diets don't work, never have, never will. Healthy eating, listening to your body's signals and keeping moving is the key to being comfortable with your body.

I am weaning myself off dieting and it's a challenging task. I'm listening more to my body and how it feels, eating slower, savouring and enjoying my food,  exercising regularly and in general being a more comfortable and happy person.  I may not ever be a skinny person, but I will be a content person without the stress of worrying about my body image.

...and as I get older, the less time worrying about that...the better!!!

Slainte!! 

2 comments:

T. said...

Yay! Sounds like an interesting read :)

Daphne said...

Love it! I've started to read "Life is Hard; Food is easy" and it looks promising as well. I saw another book at London Drugs, called something like "Women, Food and God" or something like that - it looked really interesting as well. There so much more to the issue of weight than how much or what foods we eat.