sigh.....contentment.....

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Gardening

It's only March, but the weather says - GARDEN! So, today I potted up a lot of plants that are growing in my yard and that I don't want. These will be good for the plant sale I'm having in May. So far, for shrubs I will have the burning bush, laurel, small maple and small fir for sale. For herbs I'll have lemon balm, oregano, pineapple mint, dill, summer savory, woolly thyme, marjoram, chives, basil, and maybe some stevia for sale. For perennials, I have lily of the valley, irises, peonies, a decorative grass and a whole bunch of others I forget right now and some I do not know the names of. In the annual category, I'm trying out decorative corn, blue morning glory, a white flowered vine, nasturtiums, sweet peas and a pink flower - again, I forget the name. In the vegetable category I will have scarlet runner beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, peas and maybe more. What do you think, does that sound like an okay plant sale or do I need more? What would add to this mix that I could still get going before the end of May?

2 comments:

Coramie said...

It all sounds pretty complete to me. Just work on what you have to get it to a manageable size where it won't crash and die.....then you're ok. I've been wandering around our garden lately and some things are coming up....I have some new seeds to plant as well, so we'll see how things go. Good luck with the plant sale!!

Daphne said...

Thanks! I potted up about 50 Lily of the Valley plants yesterday. My DH make up some covers for my garden boxes in the back yard, so I put in some lettuce, dill, long necked squash and some beans. I'm not sure if they are all for me, or the sale. The other items in my hot box are doing quite well. I do hope they are of sufficient size to be attractive at sale time!